Sunday, June 19, 2011

94th Ave... & Sunday School

     Hey guys.. SOOOO another misadventure with my compadre and loyal friend Cassie occured today.. We had been extremely excited for church all week long. --- Mostly because we were hoping to find some friends and a good selection of HOTT mormon men... But beside the point. Anyways.. I got the directions yesterday from our trusty friend and reliable resource.. MAPQUEST.. :) Yes.. And well being the intelligent and so intuitive gal that I am, I decided to not write down the directions nor read the directions.. BUt instead chose to look at the map and say.. "Okay I know where to go." Of course my simple intelligence proved me wrong this morning once again.. haha.

     We were traveling on our merry little way and I said I know its on 94th Ave. We.. as usual.. were going the opposite direction. So then we turn around and start heading toward 94th Ave.. {{{ Pre-story.... We thought we knew where OUR church building was because we had already found one LDS church building. }}} We were also headed the opposite direction of where we thought our church was. ... Then Lo and Behold.. the green street sign of 94th Ave beckons our call.. Of Course.. being a religious person.. I choose the "right" and tell her to take a right down 94th. We are driving and driving and driving.. to find nothing but dead ends and subdivisions... not what we are looking for. So then I mention.. "Well.. maybe it was a left on 94th instead of right.. All I know for sure is that it said 94th on the map." .. My compadre and classy driver Cassie informs me that the only things on the left side of 94th are business buildings. So then we head back up a long ways.. (A good 5 miles or so...) back to the church that we had previously visited earlier this week. ... And as it so happens.. that was not our church building.. the lady with the baby in the foyer threw us the hint. Family Ward. --- Definetly not singles ward.. hahaha. ... Well back in the car for us.. I told her to try 94th left this time.. And as my curiousity would prove.. there it was.. in all its gray and aged glory.. The singles ward building. We rejoiced that we had found it.. But realized that our scenic routes of driving led us to only being about 45 minutes late to Sacrament meeting... Nice. Haha. But we did make it to Sunday School and Relief Society.. However.. the population of attractive single Mormon men in our ward is on the decrease. Sad tales.. of our first Sunday Service in Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment